UniData® is an extended relational data server ideal for embedding in a variety of industry-focused solutions. Its extended relational model is perfect for rapid cost-effective application development serving the needs of businesses from SMB to the enterprise where outstanding performance, reliability, scalability and manageability are needed.
Data stored by the UniData nested RDBMS becomes accessible from both client-side and gatewayed environments. Data originally defined in a COBOL application and then redeployed within UniData, can be directly queried by desktop SQL-based Decision Support System (DSS) tools. With UniData, not only does the original application continue to run "as is," without performance penalty, but also can be easily revitalized using industry-standard desktop development tools that work directly against your "new" application data structures-allowing your business to move to a whole new level of information control.
Modular Strategically Delivers Business Data Management:
- UniData simplifies data management and query logic, providing more power for online high-transaction applications.
- MultiValue data model eases modeling and storing of complex data and improves retrieval performance.
- Flexible development options, from an integrated Basic development environment to .NET (e.g. Microsoft Visual Studio) to Java (e.g. Eclipse) and more with a wide array of programming interfaces.
- Includes UniQuery -- an easy-to-use, English-like query language -- which provides the ability to create meaningful ad hoc data server queries without having to understand underlying data server structures.
- Includes UniBasic -- a unique application development environment -- which enables developers to create powerful, transaction-intensive applications.
- UniData 8.1.1 introduces Basic Developers Toolkit (BDT), an Extensible Administration Tool (XAdmin), an API for External Database Access, PAM/LDAP for user authentication, High Availability enhancements, online resize, and Encryption enhancements. Replication and encryption performance were also improved.
Features & Benefits
UniData enables businesses worldwide to both develop sophisticated new applications and to effectively leverage legacy applications within open systems environments. How? Through easy integration of existing applications with UniData's next-generation nested RDBMS. Only UniData delivers the "total" business solution that moves existing application business logic intact to virtually any environment that you use today and in the future.
UniData® is a best-of-breed, extended relational data server for embedding in vertical solutions -- ideal for markets which target small- to medium-businesses.
- Highly scalable, low-cost data management system.
- Efficient encryption of data at rest with flexible encryption key management
- Support for Web services protocols including XML and SOAP.
- Includes UniObjects for .NET -- a native, high performance API for developing in the Microsoft® .NET framework.
- Robust features for high availability, failover and data replication available.
- Includes innovative features for achieving optimum response times, ease of management and low total-cost-of-ownership (TCO).
- Standards-based SQL interfaces such as JDBC, OLEDB and ODBC that support the full nesting capability of the data server engine.
- Includes Eclipse-based Basic Developers Toolkit (BDT) and Extensible Administration Tool (XAdmin), bringing state-of-the-art Eclipse-based development and administration tools to UniData.
- Automatic Data Encryption to protect your data on disk and SSL to protect your data in flight.
- High availability enhancements to ease administration, increase the functionality of your replicated data and increase your application’s availability.road support for open-standards-based SQL interfaces such as JDBC™, OLEDB and ODBC
- Extended relational architecture requires fewer tables whose size is dynamically managed by the data server. UniData sites require list data server administration with smaller sites having zero or part-time resources allocated.
- Shortened development cycles due to ease of data server design along with tightly integrated development environment.
- UniData supports a broad range of information management applications with excellent performance and reliability. As a result, a large number of industry solution providers use UniData to support their applications. This allows the customer to more quickly satisfy their requirements by buying, rather than building, solutions.
- Automatic Data Encryption protects your sensitive data on disk with minimal changes to applications. File and field level encryption may be configured to secure data automatically. A graphical interface is provided for key management.
- Basic Developers Toolkit (BDT) provides a modern integrated development tool for Basic Developers that features a Resource Explorer, a Dictionary Editor, a Code Editor and an Integrated Debugger.
- Connection Pooling (CP) enables developers to design and deploy applications that do not use persistent connections to the data server, such as in a Web environment. Connection Pools are authorized separately and do not consume data server licenses.
- Device Licensing for Server Edition offers the ability to customize the number of connections per device such as a user's PC. This provides greater flexibility when fewer than 10 connections per device are required and the additional value of Enterprise Edition is not an alternative.
- External Data server Access (EDA) provides the ability to store one or more UniData files on an external data server such as IBM DB2® Universal Data server, in a manner that is transparent to the application.
- Extensible Administration Tool (XAdmin) not only provides a GUI-based tool to administer your UniData database, but will also allow the building of plug-ins for other administration tasks.
- Network File Architecture (NFA) offers local access to data on remote UniData servers.
- Recoverable File System (RFS) provides recoverability in case of system or media failures.
- Transaction Processing (TP) semantics provide atomicity, consistency, isolation and durability (ACID) properties for the data server.